Black Women Stand Up (BWSU) encourages helping Black owned and women owned not-for-profit organizations through their #DoMoreGiveMore Challenge.
The goal for the #DoMoreGiveMore Challenge is to foster end of year giving for #GivingTuesday and beyond, and help raise funds for our spotlighted organization. We want everyone to experience the joy and rewards of giving and showing support to those who are working towards change in local communities near and far.
Check out Co-Founder, Tiffany Braxton on Periscope introducing the #DoMoreGiveMoreChallenge
BlackWomenStandUp.com’s Co-Founder, Tiffany Braxton has been a champion of not-for-profit organizations, and has worked behind the scenes helping with a few that are near and dear to her heart with their fundraising and strategic planning efforts. Understanding how tough it can be for the smaller Black and women owned organizations to get the funding needed to properly grow, which will then allow them the ability to do more in serving their respective markets, she came up with the #DoMoreGiveMore Challenge.
“This is a way to start right where I am, and with those in my reach. I want my family and friends, and others within the BWSU online community to get in the habit of supporting those causes that matter to them, and or those organizations that we will be highlighting. Many of our people believe that you have to be a celebrity or have a lot of money to give, but the truth is, you don’t. Every little bit counts, what is big started small. We are clear that there are organizations who are afforded big donations and fundraisers due to celebrity attachment or involvement, and that is fine, just as much there are organizations working extremely hard to raise their needed funds. Either way, giving and being in support of these organizations are important, especially with the uncertainty surrounding our current political state and racial unrest.”
- Give anywhere between $5 or $25 today or before end of year to our spotlighted organization – Veterans Entrepreneurial Development Initiatives, Inc. (VEDI), to help get their Veteran transport van back up and on the road. Visit the VEDI Blog for more information on the organization. Here is the link to the organization’s current GoFundMe Video. VEDI is the brainchild of Visionary Meta Mereday from New York.
- Commit to adopting (being a continued supporter) of the organization by contributing at least $25 (or more if you can) a month or quarterly, whichever works for your budget.
- Include giving to an organization in your monthly or quarterly budget.
- Help spread the word about the mission and work of the organization.
- Connect with us across social media by using the hashtag #DoMoreGiveMore to join the discussion, or let us know that you are in support of and a part of the challenge, or to suggest an organization you believe we should know about.
The BWSU Family thanks you in advance for your support!